The final instalment of our recipe series, where we shout about some brand new sauces that you can try at home. Which work perfectly with our Aubergine Parmigiana Ravioli.
We’ve enlisted the help of the amazing Romy London, to create some delicious sauces. This week looks at a classic red sauce, but of course with a twist- a Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew Pasta Sauce. Give it a go, and make sure you tag us on Insta!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2):
● 1 pack of White Rabbit Pizza Aubergine Parmigiana Ravioli
● ¼ cup raw cashews (40g)
● 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
● 1 small onion, roughly chopped (100g)
● ½ tsp salt
● 2 cloves garlic, sliced
● 2 sweet red peppers
● 2 tbsp tomato puree
● 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
● Salt & black pepper to taste
● Fresh herbs to garnish
1. Place the raw cashews into boiling water and allow to soak for 20 minutes, then drain. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions and garlic until soft. Sprinkle in the salt to speed up the process.
2. Place your red peppers over an open flame, turning regularly, until the skin is blackened – or alternatively, place it under the grill for 20-25 minutes. Allow for the peppers to cool down for 10 minutes, then gently peel off the skin, slice them in half and remove the seeds.
3. Prepare the ravioli according to packaging instructions.
4. Transfer the peppers, onions & garlic and softened cashews to a blender and blend them alongside the tomato puree, nutritional yeast and 60ml of pasta water until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and heat the sauce over medium heat, then add in your ravioli and serve garnished with fresh herbs.