For those that want to spend a bit of time in the kitchen – 30 mins (ish)- we’ve got a pasta recipe that works perfectly with our brand new, Aubergine Parmigiana Ravioli.
We’ve teamed up with the amazing Romy London to create some delicious new recipes, this is the first of three that we will be shouting about in the coming weeks.
First up, is a twist on a classic, with a Kale and Pine Nut Pesto – perfect for those warmer days (if that ever happens..). Let us know what you think, be sure to tag us on Insta if you give them a try!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2):
● 1 pack of White Rabbit Pizza Aubergine Parmigiana Ravioli (Available in Sainsbury’s)
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● ½ onion, roughly chopped
● ½ tsp sea salt
● 3 cloves garlic
● 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
● A handful of raw chopped kale (stems removed)
● ¼ tsp black pepper
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● Juice of ½ lemon
● 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Prepare the ravioli according to packaging instructions.
2. In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until soft, adding in ½ tsp salt in the process.
3. In a separate small pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat until golden – be careful not to burn them!
4. Transfer the onions & co to a food processor alongside the toasted pine nuts, chopped kale, black pepper, olive oil, lemon and nutritional yeast and process for 1 minute until all ingredients are combined into a pesto.
5. Drain the cooked ravioli and transfer them back into the empty saucepan. Add your pesto and gently stir to evenly coat the pasta.
6. Serve alongside roasted pine nuts and fresh basil on top.